Monday, March 18, 2013

Inside the Circle



I had a opportunity to provide the book design and illustration for a new novel, "Inside the Circle" written by Randall 'Jay' Andrews.    The author had seen my previous ballpoint pen sketches and requested the style of the book be handled with that look.    Had a fun time working on the conception of the design and the handling of the art.   Ballpoint pen usually isn't a medium of my choice for a cover, but it does give it sort of a textural look that works with the theme of the book.   I hope you get a chance to check out the book.   Medium:  A Bic ballpoint pen.   Size:  15"x20" on illustration board.

3 comments:

FrankenBarry said...

Wow, beautiful piece! Fooled me... I would've guessed pencil.

JRB said...

If I could use Joe for all my books I would. I pride myself on true life fiction, and this was a true life image. Very smart work.

Anonymous said...

By the way, the book title is: Inside the Circle, and can be found at JaCol Publishing, Amazon, or in local bookstores.