Monday, May 2, 2011

Wolverine Study



Did I ever mention that I'm a Wolverine fanatic? Hugh Jackman's rendition of the character has really done the character justice and I've been satisfied so far. The last film was ok, and enough cool stuff for me to look forward to gettin' in the theatre line for the next one!

So here's another painted study focusing specifically on the color spots, with really no underdrawing except a few lines for composition. It really is mostly me trying something different, with really no goal except to take a brush and put some paint strokes down. Not really artistic, I know, but it helps me go to sleep at nights. ;) It's really rough in a lot of spots, but that's what a study is I suppose. Besides, I kinda like the textural look to the brushstrokes anyway. The face is all funky lookin', and more of me putting my own knowledge of anatomy that might have gotten in the way of it this time. Sigh. Maybe I'll give it a another go and really take an artistic stance of whether to let my own knowledge take a hold of it or to purely go on my direct, perceptual interpretation. I gotta stop being so wishy washy! Thanks for taking a look! Size: 20" x 16" approx. Medium: Acrylics.

4 comments:

marco's blog said...

nice. i miss real paint...i miss the time to paint too :)

Gorillustrator said...

Fantastic study man! The texture of the brushstrokes really does work, particularly in the forearms and fists.

ARI said...

Outstanding painting.

Tim said...

That's pretty incredible, really spot on!