Monday, May 30, 2011

Beginning the Dark Knight Painting



Happy Memorial Day bloggers! It's been nice getting a couple of days off to look out at the sun and realize that there is a world out there to look at besides a Cintiq screen. I don't have anything new to show you yet, but thought I'd dig through my ol' bin o' trash and put it on the scanner. There's been a lot of starts on personal projects, and most are never finished. This is one of them. This is part of a Dark Knight poster that I wanted to create for my own, but never got to finish. I really loved the dynamics of the characters in this film. The beautifully chilling rendition of the Joker by the late Heath Ledger is nothing short of perfection. I'm totally amped to see the trilogy piece next summer. Thanks always for coming by and checking the site out!

3 comments:

marco's blog said...

love it! finish it please.

Joseph Lee said...

I hope to soon Marco! Thanks!

Xavier Yabut said...

This looks like a great start, can't wait to see it when it's finished. I really like your illustrations on your blog, it has a very distinct and edgy style! Great work!